Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SSH Authentication question

From: "Jeff Gercken" <JeffG () kizan com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:39:45 -0500

Your sftp application is likely failing because you need to accept the
fingerprint of the server.  The Putty suite caches it in the reg key:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\SshHostKeys\"  You can
either prepopulate it for the server you're using or try another
application.  SSH.com's scp2 app caches the info in a file that can
accompany the script.  This was the solution I ended up with.

D:\scp2>tree /F /A ssh
D:\scp2\SSH
|   default.ssh2
|   defaultsftp.ssh2
|   identification
|   keymap22.map
|   output.map
|   RandomSeed

+---hostkeys
|       key_22_10.2.10.208.pub

+---TransferLists
|       defaultsftp.ssh2_Queue.txt

\---UserKeys
        cert
        cert.pub

Just call the application similar to
scp2.exe -k ssh -i userkeys/cert.ppk %filename%
%scpuser%@%scpserver%:%filename%

-Jeff

On 11 Dec 2005 19:05:38 -0000, 299bowler () gmail com <299bowler () gmail com>