Security Basics mailing list archives

Error while logging snort output to mysql

From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:11:01 +0530

Hi all,

Has any one tried running snort with mysql version 5.1? I get the following error when I start snort after configuring it to send logs to mysql.

database: compiled support for ( mysql odbc )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snortuser
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = localhost
database: sensor name = PRANAV:\Device\NPF_{99E485FA-FF28-4449-8FEB-DDB814B1E6
C9}
database:     sensor id = 1
database: mysql_error: Table 'snort.schema' doesn't exist
database: schema version = 0
ERROR: database: The underlying database has not been initialized correctly. Th
is
version of Snort requires version 106 of the DB schema.  Your DB
doesn't appear to have any records in the 'schema' table.
Please re-run the appropriate DB creation script (e.g. create_mysql,
create_postgresql, create_oracle, create_mssql) located in the
contrib\ directory.
See the database documentation for cursory details (doc/README.databas
e).
and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..
C:\Snort\bin>

versions
snort=2.4.3-ODBC
mysql=5.0.17.

The site for the snort plugins has been last updated in 2004 and seems to be very old.
Pranav

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus