Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco IOS Version audit (Vulnrable or Not?)

From: David Ziggy Lubowa <dlubowa () bushnet net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:35:22 +0300

Ciscoworks ???   should be able to get it if you have CCO.

Could try OpenNMS if you using *nix    /   so you would not have to pay alot
of licensing fees.

http://www.opennms.org/wiki//

Hope that helps ...

cheers

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 07:57, Genjii wrote:
I am looking for people to share there advise or any software that will
allow me to achieve the following.

I would like to do an SNMP walk over all of my Cisco devices, to get the
hardware and IOS version information.
With this information I would then like to audit each IOS version to see
    - Latest IOS image ave liable
    - Recommended IOS Image
    - Last IOS image that doesn't have any vulnerabilities
    - Then possibly an advanced check to see if my Cisco device supports
the mimimum hardware requirements

The main difficulty here is an easy automated way to get this information.

Any suggesions?

--

 --
Fanaticism consists of redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your