Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus Comparison

From: "Bassam ALHUSSEIN" <bhussein () scs-net org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:27:00 +0200

Hi ...
I don't know if we can make a comparison between antivirus softwares,
But I am sure that an AV noadays is NO LONGER ENOUGH.
I am using Norton AV and I like it, But I am using Norton Internet
Security too ( Antispam, Firewall, ...). I am using Spysweeper and
Adaware to keep spywares away of my PC.
Note : A week ago, With All these "defense lines" active. The spyware
"CoolWebSearch" got in to my pc and I couldn't remove it untill I used
the last definition file for Adaware.

Good luck ..

Adaware : http://www.lavasoft.com