Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus Comparison

From: "Andrew Shore" <andrew.shore () holistecs com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:47:24 -0000

If that's so then take a look at this

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/security/Content/2005.02.08.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Jediah [mailto:rife () madeinmaine org]
Sent: 10 February 2005 17:54
To: 'Shawn Wall'
Cc: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Antivirus Comparison

I've personally still found Norton to be robust and adequate; I switched
from MCAFEE a long time ago.  I have subscriptions for my home based
office
machines, and the company I primarily work for has a corporate
subscription.

I've enjoyed the central update capabilities of all Symantec products (I
have a few different products). I have also found for the frequency of
the
updates has been adequate to address the new variants that come out
frequently.

The script blocking capabilities has saved me a few times on various web
URL's that had harmful intent (sometimes even when I deserved to be
infected
:)).  The UnErase wizard with the Norton Protected files is also nice.

I really can't speak to the management of the AV solution from an
enterprise
perspective - as I've not dealt with that side (Although my primary
company
has 5000+ employees being managed through the corporate subscription),
but
as a small business owner and consumer, I've been very pleased.