Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Simple Firewall: Summary

From: "Alexander Suhovey" <asuhovey () mtu-net ru>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:09:00 +0300

Regarding IPSec filters - don't know why you desided that there's no deny
capability. You can create a filter to block certain types of traffic
to/from sertain set of IP address, subnet or DNS name.
Here's a couple of links on topic. First is good example of GUI-based
configuration of IPSec filters while second talks command line.

How can I block a Windows 2000/XP/2003 computer from surfing on the Internet
but still allow it to surf to Intranet sites?
http://www.petri.co.il/block_internet_but_allow_intranet_with_ipsec.htm

How to block specific network protocols and ports by using IPSec:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813878

Hth,
Al