Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tool or Service to recover lost NTFS partition/data

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:19:21 -0500

Have you booted to another MASTER Drive and set this corrupt drive as
Slave to see if you can read the data that way?  That would be 1 thing.
Another would be too boot up KNOPPIX or any other LIVE linux CD and try
to read the data that way.  You boot to the CD, but you may be able to
read the drive's data.  Then slit the ZIP into multiple zips and burn to
CD..

Obviously it's much easier to boot from another HD though.

JMB