Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hack PGP

From: "Saint Anthony" <saintpatrick () xasamail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:39:29 +0100

As mentioned by a previous poster, if you could recover the file thats your best/only bet.  You will not find a private
cracker though.  Once you lose your privates you're a bit SOL as it's made of both your pass phrase and random system
noise .

Anthony Towry
Student

mailto.woden () gmail com wrote:
Hi.

I have a delema that is quite strange but then again feasable. I
did a
backup on my system and wiped my harddrive and then installed
everything from scratch.

My problem was that the PGP keys where locked down on my
harddrive and
couldn't be copied by the backup system. I didn't check and now
I'm
left with a few PGP files without any keys. The public key is
floating
around on the net and I have the password to the secret file but
no
secret file.

Is there any tools available on the net to bruteforce a PGP
decryption? Or is the meare fought unfeasable so nobody has
created
such a tool?

best regards

--