Security Basics mailing list archives

Fwd: Universal Sign On? USO for everything?

From: "Gautam R. Singh" <gautam.singh () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:33:14 +0530

Hola List!

 Was wondering if there any program/software/project (present or
underdevelopment) which will integrated everything from say logging in
to ur local system, win2kdomain, samba shares, nis, exchange mail,
Instant messaging clients, VPN, applications, websites etc I know this
sounds far fetched? Is it possible as of now to do so though? Or may
be somthing like we may be using our id/pass (SSO) to even access
internet or renew my ip lease @ dhcp, like if my pass is valid dhcp
renews my ip lease else my ip dies and  I am unable to access anything
on the network.

Rgds
Gautam