Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Monitor ALL pc's (XP) via spy software?

From: RA Henrik Becker <RA.Becker () henrikbecker de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:29:05 +0200

For most part: eTrust Network Forensics.

To actually check for info on the machine go into logging. But anything that
comes out of the eth0 - Forensics. ;-)

Ok, not cheap - but good.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 01:07:51PM -0800, Chris Williams wrote:
I am looking for software that will let me monitor in REAL TIME, as
well as go back and see what happened on a pc at any time. I see quite
a few options out there and most seem to do the same thing which is
why I am writing this.

What do you guys recommend? I am looking for:

1) Something that can be deployed in the enterprise (40+ machines).
2) Able to connect from the network/LAN to monitor in REAL TIME - in a
way that is passive.
3) Able to go back and see what happened on the pc earlier in the day/week?
4) Able to monitor everything from one machine.
5) Option of logging urls they went to earlier etc.

What do you guys recommend?

Viele Grüße / Best regards,

Henrik Becker

--
Rechtsanwalt Henrik Becker (Lawyer)

RA.Becker () henrikbecker de www.henrikbecker.de

IT-Recht, IT-Forensik, Digitale Beweisführung, Arbeitsrecht
Allgemeine Rechtsberatung und Vertretung