Security Basics mailing list archives

MS not buying Gator, er, Claria after all

From: Dave Aronson <sfbasics2dave () davearonson com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:32:06 -0400

"Lett, Craig" <Craig.Lett () usfc com> wrote:

Taken From newsletter () spywareinfo com
Interesting Article
---------------------------------------

Microsoft Going Soft On Adware
I believe that odd sound you hear is the entire internet
breathing a sigh of relief.

Not necessarily the entire thing.  Just those poor sods stuck using
Microsoft junk.  I, who use Linux and Mac at home, and Linux and a
proprietary OS at work, don't care whether MS lets its suckers get
infested with adware or not.

Infested with backdoors, now, is another story.  Their spewage of spam,
DDoSes, etc. etc. etc. affects my bandwidth too.

-Dave