Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Snort sniffer logs

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:20:14 -0400

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 10:04, Ron wrote:
I use a program derived from Acid called Base (feel free to groan at the
joke).  It reads the Snort data from MySQL and presents it similar to
Acid.  It has configurable user accounts and is quite nice to use.  I
highly recommend it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas/

Hi-

As the project lead and founder of the BASE project, I take offense at
the groan.  It took me at least 30 minutes to come up with the words to
fit the acronym to make the joke work!<G>

I would like to thank you for your recommendation and mention that if
you need any help with the program, we can support you!

Kevin Johnson
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net
The next step in IDS analysis!