Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Masters program for Information Security?

From: apezold () hotmail com
Date: 27 Jun 2005 15:30:28 -0000

I graduated from the National Scholarship for Service Cyber Corps Program at the University of Tulsa.  UTulsa was one
of the original 7 universities selected to host a DoD/NSF funded bachelors and masters level program designed to
educate students in Information Security.  If you get into this program, depending on the school you attend, you will
have your:  tuition/books/rent/some bills/monthly stipdend paid for to go to school.  Once your degree is complete, you
work for the gov't for the time you were in school.  In other words, say you get into Carnegie Melon, (an original SFS
Info Sec school), and receive your masters in 2 years.  From there, you work for the gov't for 2 years, then you're
done.  That's a 100K plus education, for just a couple of years work for the gov't...which hasn't been so bad.

The courses offered at UTulsa when I attended were:  Computer & Network Forensics, Penetration Testing and
Vulnerability Analysis, Secure System Administration and Certification, Network Security, Secure E-Commerce, Enterprise
Security Management, Risk Management for Information Systems, etc.

Check out:  http://www.cis.utulsa.edu/CyberCorps/

ap