Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: 543.rar attachment

From: Jonathan Loh <kj6loh () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:48:59 -0800 (PST)

Good luck teaching common sense.
--- Kinnell <kinnell.t () gmail com> wrote:

Very true.  However we are not looking to ban people from using e-mail
as a tool to pass important files; we are looking to keep Tim, the new
intern from a near college, from opening a stupid e-mail with a "your
wife knows you watch porn" subject and running a file in there that is
said to keep your wife from finding out.

The problem is between the keyboard and the seat, not so much on the
servers, but if we can't teach the users common sense then we need to
ban all files.  Same goes for so many hot topic items

-Kinnell

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:41:44 -0800 (PST), Jonathan Loh <kj6loh () yahoo com>