Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Shell Logging Program

From: Alvin Oga <alvin.sec () Virtual Linux-Consulting com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:50:53 -0800 (PST)

hi ya

    I was hoping that someone could help me out. I would be much obliged.
    I need a shell program that will record what a user enters, write it
to a file (possibly in the user's home directory), a time stamp, and,

run a program called script ... it will save everything
        - put it into their .login file

- if this is being done at work ..
        - get the corp lawyers to sign off on the "task"

        ( managers and boss does not count, as they cannot bind the company
        ( to any of their "decisions"

        - if you do not have it in writing, i'd start lookign for
        a new job, because you will be the one fired for snooping :-)
        even if the boss told you to do it

c ya
alvin