Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Keyboard Security

From: Kinnell <kinnell.t () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:22:26 -0600

just positioning.  The same thing that could be tracked using a
"software key logger" for a mouse could probably be gathered.  However
that information could be useful or not to obtain.  If an attacker
were able to see usual activity they might be able to guess functions
of buttons/icons on the screen if they are frequently used, and when
they are used in reference to when a customer enters the store or when
they ask a question.  So if that machine were compromised the attacker
might have a better knowledge of day-to-day activity on it, and
therefore might know what to do for certain functions.  However, for
this to be useful they would also need to have some knowledge of data
entered by employees.  So mouse movement alone might not be useable,
but it still allows knowledge of computer and user interaction.

-Kinnell