Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: chat logs

From: Kinnell <kinnell.t () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:33:50 -0500

I hate to present this possibility since it will lead to total loss of
privacy, but depending on when these threats were made and how long
has past you may be able to catch one of the students actively
discussing the threats with possibly the threat maker.  So you could
install a key-logger on the computer and sift through the logs at a
later time.  Now granted you will not be able to see both sides of the
conversation (unless you're doing screen captures as well) but it may
lead you to a time at which these conversations were taking place, or
a site at which, or any number of things.  I'm sure that if your
police department wanted they could sophena the site for its logs and
find what users were logged in at a specific time and so forth.

good luck.
Kinnell