Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: help , scripting for security

From: Gonzalo Martinez <karmax () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:25:02 -0300

Hi A. Sable, i think that if you dont _REALLY_ know one of these, it
could be a big risk. I mean, if dont know "shell scripting" and you
made a script and dont check some vars and input, etc. it would be
dangerous.
So, if you are planning to learn some of these i recommend you shell
scripting (bash) becouse its maybe more easy to learn than perl.
I never learned ruby, so im talking more about "perl vs. shell scripting".

Perl has a _LOT_ of modules to do anything even the MakeCofee module
:P and its portable but i think its more complicated to learn than
bash.
But remember, if you _LEARN_ perl you can use it to do anything you
want, simple scripts, huge programms, etc.

Have to go, good luck
PS: sorry for my english