Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Mobile wireless users

From: "Gross Barry D." <bd.gross () hosp wisc edu>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:52:37 -0500

If you allow them to access these resources over unencrypted means they
will.  whether it be from their company owned laptop at star bucks,
their own personal laptop at star bucks, an internet kiosk at times
square...etc.

maybe you need to look at your publicly available/unencrypted resources
to determine if they can be encrypted.

we do have policy prohibiting access (encrypted or not) to our resources
from public internet terminals.  Our experience has been If you can't
enforce it technically you can't enforce it.