Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: software to control domain administrators

From: "Andrew Shore" <andrew.shore () holistecs com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 14:39:07 +0100

Sorry, I didn't really explain my point too well.

Some of these tools allow you to give functionality to administrators
without giving them Domain Admins account privileges.

They also have tools for central log administration which will stop an
Admin clearing the logs to cover his/her tracks. But as you point out
these must be policed too.

Cloak is not one of the utilities I was referring to; cloak simply hides
shares from users if they have no right to access it.

I would like to echo your point about trusting admins, however, in a
10,000+ user network senior admins have to delegate responsibility to
others who may exceed there mandate.

Andy