Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Mass Distribution of Security Policies

From: "Robert Hines" <b.hines () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:43:57 -0400

Steve,

Are these new users, new employees?  As, for policies and holding user's
accountable, now that's another issue and should be coming from the corner
office.

Security awareness is always an ongoing activity, much more, then click yes,
now you have been told, and are accountable.  I find that being creative,
and making security fun embed the concepts to the masses, and the masses
will comply.

As for the asking and logging of last four, by the IT department, UM, sounds
like an organizational wide Personnel issue to me.

The controls implemented, the administration applied, and awareness of your
community, and penalties imposed for non-compliance does indeed impact the
bottom line dollar.

Bob