Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remote Control to a remote computer with no listen port

From: "Corey Watts-Jones" <cwattsjones () rogers com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:06:56 -0500

It all depends on whether you will have user interaction.

We use a service that is a flavour of VNC but we call the client, get them
to go to our website and click on the 'Remote Access' button, it then
installs a small application that prompts them to choose the IP/Port combo
on our side and sets up the connection that way. But that requires the
direct interaction of the user.