Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Investigation- Web pages visited

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:19:15 -0800

  It's really easy for multiple sites to be hosted on a single
server, so the IP address is inadequate for this.  If I see
suspicious activity like this, I look inside the HTTP "GET"
header to find the site name.
  You *might* be able to make a pretty good guess by logging
DNS resolutions, too....

David Gillett