Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Change MTU settings on Solaris 5.9

From: Fernando Gont <fernando () gont com ar>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:18:23 -0300

At 01:28 p.m. 12/10/2005, hpalmer () comsquared com wrote:

Recently a customer of ours has been having an issue w/ remote login from mulitiple customers on there network. Our company installed, configured and setup A Sun Fire V250. The issue, there NetAdmin states, "Our customers are not able to login to your /our Sun Box because the MTU is at the default setting of 1500 and needs to be 1480 or 1460." This I (System Database Admin) believe is totally wrong. But to prove a point I would like to check the current settings and make changes if needed.

Is there any buggy middle-box in-between?

Kindest regards,

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando () gont com ar || fgont () acm org