Security Basics mailing list archives

Code signing possible of Linux?

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:21:10 -0700

Hello All,

I am trying to implement a code signing system based on the m of n
principle. The brief description is available at :
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/?action=viewtopic&id=130

However I would like build this platform on a Linux architecture. I
understand that Authenticode for Code Signing is a Microsoft
technology, and SignCode.exe is only available for Win32 platform. I
was wondering if there any solutions available to sign binaries using
the Verisign's Software Publishing Certificates (Authenticode) on a
Linux platform?

--
In Peace,
Saqib Ali