Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Yanit: Re: Antivirus Comparison

From: jared lyvers <jared () lewiscommunications com>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:09:47 -0500

I actually like http://www.avast.com . They seem to have a good product and there prices are pretty good as well. But is all depends on your needs. For instance, I use http://www.clamav.net/ on my email servers and I have had very good success w/ it. But I have been using avast on XP workstation and it works very good as well. I never really liked Nortans and Trend-Micro seemed to have a larger footprint when running on our servers.

JL

Lance.Druger () wellsfargo com wrote:

Try:
http://www.av-comparatives.org/
and click the competitive tab. BTW the tables are not firefox friendly

AVG's recognition rates aren't that great, but the price can't be beat. I ran it and it failed to recognize a file Kaspresky
and Trend's online scanners complained about.

Kaspresky gets high marks.  I haven't tried NOD, but I've heard good things.

Lance Druger