Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Good Wireless Firewall/Router?

From: Jay Taylor <email.list.58 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:00:26 -0500

Linksys WRTG54 hardware running the Sveasoft Talisman OS.

http://www.sveasoft.com/

astalavista.box.sk () gmail com wrote:
This is for a home implementation...

My goal is to allow wireless LAN users that connect to an AP to go out to the internet but have no ability at all to
connect to any of the servers plugged into the wired ports on the AP/Router.  What is the cheapest way to get this
done with hardware?

I am thinking I either need a lniksys type wireless router that supports ACLs between wireless and wired or just
allows me to put ACLs on ports

Or some small linksys type router/AP that can treat wireless users as though they are in a DMZ (allow only outbound
while allowing internal hosts outbound and to DMZ)

I dont have a spare PC lying around that is quiet enough for me to want it in my room running 24x7 or I would just do
some sort of linux FW...and a netscreen or 506 are gonna be too $$$$ so I am hoping linksys or netgear or someone
offers this....any ideas?