Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: a good firewall/router?

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:33:59 +0200

On 2005-10-21 gbchustla () gmail com wrote:
I would like to know what kind of router is the best solution for a
little private network. Lets say i have 15 PC and 2 linux servers.
What kind of router can i use ?I am thinking about some routers but i
just want to collect the best information i can. Thank you in advance
guys! :)

For a small private LAN almost any router with NAT and some packet
filtering capabilities will do. Linksys or Asus have some nice devices.
However, you would be able to get a more specific suggestion if you
provided some more details on your requirements. Do you just want to
shield your LAN from the Internet? Do you want (some of) your servers to
be accessible from outside? Do you want to use a VPN?

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Another option [for defragmentation] is to back up your important files,
erase the hard disk, then reinstall Mac OS X and your backed up files."