Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: prohibiting visitors from connecting to network

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () stjoelive com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:31:41 -0500

Why not limit DHCP to known MAC addresses. The administrative costs of this
might be pretty high at first, but you could eventually work out an
automated system for adding/removing machines. That's the only "free" option
that I can think of.

Even then, though, I believe you can spoof MAC addresses so...