Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Help writing a back up script

From: Paul Farrington <paul.farrington () goldmedal co uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:08:03 +0100

I think you need to emphasise on your scripting abilities, theres a lot of
ways to do what your after.. Personally if it was me, im fairly accomplished
with VB and .NET so I would do write a .NET service to run on the box, or
schedule using the task scheduler a VB Script to run.  Im sure the ability
to do what your after lies in all programming and scripting languages...

I do a similar thing to this where I use a .NET service, to copy IIS logs to
a central location from all of our webservers.  It works well once its
going, and over the months, ive increased the logging inside the service.

If you emphasise on your scripting abilities, we may be able to offer
example code.

Ta

Paul Farrington