Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Unknow process listening on high port

From: Shawn Badger <sbadger () cskauto com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:47:04 -0700

Fuser says the port is here, but gives no more information. I have ran
chkrootkit on the servers and fortunately they both came back clean. I
have also started watching traffic on the ports in question and noticed
every so often that and pulls a couple test web pages. This is part of
the High availability service and just using that high port to connect
to the other server. I am not seeing any connections coming into the
port in 24 hours of monitoring. I will keep monitoring and see what I
find. Does anyone know why netstat reports a - for the pid though?