Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: University Degree or CISSP

From: Mark Teicher <mht3 () earthlink net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:01:33 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Possibly, but I don't think a GED/High School equivalent with less than 10 years in security could be a well-rounded
Chief Security Officer unless they were really really special and not that kind that are one-hit wonders in the
security world.  Although some one-hit wonders do very well on the speaking circuit but usually they make horrible
Chief Security Officers.  Especially those who their staff has over 30 years experience but yet has only worked in
security for 10 years.

Completion of Mathematics 101 should be required for Chief Security Officers, that way when they figure out how to
configure their Treo 650, they know how many fingers they need to dial.  For those who are monitoring my posts and
reporting it as "many sources", maybe you should submit you advanced purchase for my soon to be published scribblings
on "Out of Whack: and the chemical make up of Ritalan is as compared to cocaine"..