Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Log Analyzer Tool

From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:41:08 -0300 (ART)

Take a look at the OSSEC HIDS (www.ossec.net/hids).
It can read multiple log formats (unix syslog, snort,
PIX, etc, etc), analize them based on a set of
XML-based rules (in addition to the "FTS" and some
statistical analysis) and generate alerts or any
other response.

some of the rules:

http://www.ossec.net/hids/rules/

Hope it helps...

--
Daniel B. Cid, CISSP
daniel.cid (at) @ gmail.com

--- bhawesh77 () yahoo com escreveu:

Hello List!
We currently review security logs from various
applications and systems. We are looking for a log
analyzer tool that can read the logs from various
formats and analyze the logs based on the criteria
we provide. We want this software to send alerts,
provide executive reports etc. Do you know of some
good security log analyzer tools. Any help would be
appreciated.

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/