Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: application for an employment

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:00:44 +0200

On 2006-04-03 John E. Fleming wrote:
I like this idea of thinking. So if a bank leaves the vault open does
that make it legal for me to load up as much cash as I can even though
it may have been left open unintentionally? Or could it be that the
door has not been left open intentionally therefore making it illegal
and the proper authorities should be notified to fix the issue.

I came late into this conversation so my analogy might be off.

It is, because banks don't tend to leave their vaults in public places.
And even if they did were vaults obviously devices to lock stuff away,
whereas ports aren't.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus