Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What is best way to log all traffic on a windows box?

From: "List Spam" <listspam () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:56:57 -0700

Forget about using anything on the XP box.  If you have reason to not
trust it in the first place, you have reason to believe that anything
you do on that box is already being logged by someone else and/or
being disrupted.

Stick something in the way of the box's first link to the network -
inline tap, port mirroring, etc. and sniff that instead.