Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ASP/PHP SQL Injection

From: pratiksha.doshi () niiconsulting com
Date: 31 Aug 2006 04:58:04 -0000

Hi David,

In case of SQL Injection, we need to look out for code where there is
database query is formed espescially dynamic SQL which takes the parameter
directly from the user and embeds in the query.

Recommendation for SQL is using pre-complied SQL query which automatically
binds the respective datatypes to parameters.

In case of XSS, we need to mostly look for variables which are going to be
displayed back to the user.

Recommendation Sanitize the inputs like meta characters such as <,>,/ etc.
by using in built functions like HTMLEncode methods.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Pratiksha
Penetration Testing,CEH