Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: on good monitoring software info

From: Dave C <davec () digistruction com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:24:01 -0400

Charles Hammett wrote:

I use Cacti for SNMP and historical tracking. This also produce
bandwidth reports on my Cisco switches and routers. I have been able to
configure this to monitor our UPS systems along with the PDU that is
attached to them. I can pull information from our Netscreen firewall
about sessions, CPU and Memory usage along with interface statistics. We
have an environmental monitor in the Datacenter that this software can
also track. However it will not alert you of and issue. At least that I
have been able to figure out yet.
http://www.cacti.net

Then it might be time for you to revisit cacti. Alot of people have been doing "plugins" now. I use it to monitor threshold, reboots/ups/downs and a whole host of things. Check out their forums for details.

http://forums.cacti.net/

Dave

--
believed to be clean.