Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Internet Kiosk

From: "Jon Wallace" <jon () b69ca com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:21:18 -0500

Hi Chris,

This is defiantly the right place to ask about such subjects as the people here have a massive amount of collective knowledge and everyone is typically very helpful.

You can do most of which you want to do with GPO's as you say but your only probably going 2/3 of the way to locking it down. In order to lockdown the browser using GPO's your potentially going to need some additional templates - there is much functionality already built into Group Policy but this can always be extended. Do a Google search for ADM templates to give you an idea of what you can find.

To ensure your system is bullet proof check out some of the commercial available options.

AppSense (http://www.appsense.com) has a security security suite comprising of 2 main products, 1 to prevent executables from running and another which allows you drag and drop methods to remove certain aspects from the application as well as also controlling USB device access.

SecureWafe (http://www.securewave.com) also offer a similar product set but without the drag and drop lockdown.

Obviously don't forget the basics, antivirus, account control, physical access control etc...

Let me know if I can offer any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Jon Wallace

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Boczko" <Christopher.Boczko () chemdry co uk>