Security Basics mailing list archives

Exchange vs Groupwise

From: killy <killfactory () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:15:53 -0500

Hi everyone,

I hope this topic is in the correct forum.

I am working on an assessment of a proposed change in email systems.

Moving from Groupwise 6.5 and 7 over to Exchange 2003 or better.

Most of the exchange vs groupwise numbers that I am finding are a bit
outdated or not from a neutral source(is there is one).

I am looking for current number on MarketShare.

Also, forever I have heard that Groupwise is more secure that Exchange.

My feeling is that the Groupwise 'client' is a better choice that
Outlook Express, but

I am focusing on Groupwise Client verses Outlook.

Things like encryption level, if any between client and server.

I have looked at the CVE database and I am aware of the reported
vulnerabilities.
The CVE shows a reduction in Exchange problems over the recent years.

I am not interested in pushing for one product over the other but,
just the facts.

I fell certain that someone on this list has done something similar in the past.

I am just looking for direction.  Thanks!

--
If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.