Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password Quality checker

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:55:01 -0500

MS has one on their website for public use. It is pretty cool :

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/privacy/password_checker.mspx

Your password never gets sent to any server for checking. And if you
use any other web based utility make sure it is not sending any
anything to a server on the internet. Otherwise they might be
collecting your passwords....

I would recommend implementing a in-house as you have have keep on
updating it....

saqib
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net