Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Linux Dial In Server (PPP) Auth To Netware RADIUS

From: "Nick Owen" <nickowen () mindspring com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:58:05 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: cheyne.wallace () showgroup com au
[mailto:cheyne.wallace () showgroup com au]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:13 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Linux Dial In Server (PPP) Auth To Netware RADIUS

Im wondering if anyone can help me here ...

Im looking to build a system where as I can run Linux on a
basic PC that will handle dial in connections , and use a
RADIUS client to authenticate to my already existing RADIUS
netware 6.5 server ..

We have a system now , but we pay a small fortune for it ,
and if I could build this then id be pretty happy ..

I need it to support about 6 users , and route properly over
our WAN and external routes ...

Can anyone recommend some open source sofware that I could do
this with ? ..It will most likely be a Red Hat 9 box ...

Cheyne:

Check out FreeRadius. http://www.freeradius.org/

If you mean VPN connections, check out OpenVPN: http://openvpn.net/, which
supports PAM-radius and that will proxy your vpn requests to your existing
radius server.

HTH,
Nick
--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus