Security Basics mailing list archives

OpenOffice 1.1 password recovery or removal?

From: Abe Getchell <mailing.list.spooler () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:19:04 -0500

Greetings!

One of my users has an OpenOffice 1.1 spreadsheet to which they cannot remember the password. This person password protected several spreadsheets at the same time (using the same password), and apparently fat-fingered this one. Unfortunately, this spreadsheet contains some of their more important data.

I have searched quite a bit and couldn't turn up anything that would recovery (or wipe) the password from an OpenOffice 1.1 spreadsheet. There are all sorts of tools for MS Office products, but that doesn't apply in this case. Does anyone have any tips or links they could share? Freeware, commercial, doesn't matter.

I appreciate the assistance!

Thanks,
Abe

--
Abe Getchell
abegetchell () gmail com

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus