Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: What defines an "incident"?

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:37:52 -0800

  I'd highlight the "customary or consistent with normal usage"
portion of the event definition.  While it may not yet warrant
a full CIRT/CERT/CSIRT invocation, the investigation process needs
to start at the point where it's (only?) a surprise, and not wait
until determination of its "adverse" nature has been established.

David Gillett