Security Basics mailing list archives

vnc server

From: "Jared Lyvers" <jared () lewiscommunications com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:08:43 -0600 (CST)

First off, sorry Simon.  I ment to send this to the list but sent it to
only you instead.

Now, on to my real question.

I'm looking to use VNC on my windows machine for remote logins.  Currently
I only have the following open ports:

25/tcp   open   smtp
80/tcp   open   http
113/tcp  closed auth
1352/tcp open   lotusnotes
5902/tcp open   vnc-2
5903/tcp open   vnc-3
8080/tcp open   http-proxy

Are there any security problems that I may be over looking by using VNC on
my machine?

Regards,

JL

--

// Jared Lyvers

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus