Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ssh attempts

From: Leif Ericksen <leife () dls net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 08:21:13 -0600

Lock down your box a little more...  Enable TCPWrappers in the very
least.  IF they are able to hit your system like that via SSH it is
obvious that you are not blocking.  This is common.  My firewall logs
show and have shown attempts to ssh (This is for a personal system)
they get stopped at the firewall because they are not coming from the
correct IP address(es) Incidentally the ones I see hitting my firewall
cam from China, Korea, and Taiwan for the most part, least wise that is
what the IP indicated as long as it was not spoofed.

Before I locked down my firewall to IP I would see the rejects because
of Wrappers.

If the system is on the net LOCK IT DOWN.

--
Leif Ericksen