Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: AW: Wake-On-LAN security

From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton () conacher co za>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:15:29 +0200

Tnx Bernd,

Scherer, Bernd wrote:
HI!

Normally the WOL-Feature is a matter of the BIOS. So
you should look there to disable the Wake on Lan for
your System.
This is the conclusion I have also come to.

I cannot find anything in my BIOS for WOL so I would presume it is disabled, so, even if the card supports it and the BIOS doesn't I'm assuming the feature is basically disabled?

Regards