Security Basics mailing list archives

enumerating folder permissions

From: Raoul Armfield <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:08:33 -0400

We are currently restructuring our folder Hierarchy in conjunction with migrating to AD (Server 2003 R2). One of the points our CIO wants us to cover is the ability for specific users (Not IT staff) being able to select a folder and if they have permissions to access the folder also see who else has access to that folder.

I realize I could probably write a script that enumerates the groups that have permissions to the folder and then it would output the members of those groups to a message box. However, I am just learning how to script so if someone has already written something like this I would rather not reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in Advance.

Raoul

--
Raoul Armfield