Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How Windows Password Cracking Programs Work

From: "Dharmesh Sampat" <sampatdharmesh () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:08:53 +0800

I might be wrong.

But as far as I understand, the program normally reads password from
dictonary (Either pre-defined or dynamically generated as per user
critiria).

It converts the string into encrypted password.

It matches the encrypted strings.

If the encrypted strings are matches means password is cracked!!

:)

On 22 Jul 2006 15:33:12 -0000, winshel () camden rutgers edu