Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Avoiding tunnels

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:29:38 -0600

On 3/2/06, rembrandt () jpberlin de <rembrandt () jpberlin de> wrote:
This could be illegal during the laws.
It`s a grayzone in Europe and I think also in other parts of the world
because during using such methods you would be theoreticly able to watch
the traffic wich tried to get transfered via tunnels (e.. SSL).

These are some brutally stupid laws...

In the US, most companies (EVERY company I've worked for) have a
computer/network use policy which strictly dictates what you can do on
the company's computers/networks.

Beyond that, its a security issue and if you find a way to block it, you should.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus