Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Article: "Security Absurdity: The Complete, Unquestionable, And Total Failure of Information Security."

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:16:21 -0700

"hear, hear!"

"The goal of your security program is to optimize risk, never minimize
it. This is an extremely important distinction. It also sounds
counterintuitive to many people" From Ira Winkler's book titles Spies
Among Us.

The whole book is an excellent read. But I would highly recommend
reading the pages 35 through 50, for a understanding of the topic of
security. People write about security without  really understanding
the nature of the beast.

Or even better, have a 1-one-1 session with Mr. Winkler on how you can
minimize security related risk at your organization.